Hapala Legacy Scholarship
CLOSED – Please check back Christmas Break 2020
Presented at our Annual Gala and given to top seniors in the district that have applied.
To be considered for this scholarship:
- Student must be on track to graduate from the following EPS High Schools: Evergreen, Heritage, Legacy, Mountain View, Union, HELA or IQ Academy in June 2020.
- Students with a commitment to both school and community will be given preference.
- Students must have participated in a high school sport at some time during their 4 years of school.
You will need the following downloads to apply:
- 2 Letter of References (1 personal and 1 professional)
- First Set of Senior Year Transcripts
- Brief essay introducing yourself what field of study you are taking what are your career objectives have you overcome any challenges in your life that have made it difficult to get where you are or that will make attending college more difficult.
Eligibility: Students selected to receive this scholarship award shall be graduating seniors from one of the Evergreen School District high schools, with intent to continue their education at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, vocational or technical school, full-time, beginning the fall term or semester following their high school graduation. The scholarship committee will consider character, community service, and academic record; however, these are not the sole criteria for selecting deserving students.
The Hapala Legacy Scholarship is targeted toward students who participated in a high school sport at some time during their 4 years of school. In addition, the scholarship shall be awarded to students who are positive role models for their fellow classmates and the community. This is a competitive process and funding is limited; therefore, not all applicants are guaranteed a scholarship. An interview may be a requirement.
Additional Information: All Scholarship awards will be presented in person at the annual Evergreen School District Foundation Auction and Dinner Gala being held on Saturday March 23, 2019 at the Warehouse 23. Please reserve this date for you and one guest should you be awarded a scholarship. Also please note that scholarship recipients may be called upon on occasion to meet with prospective donors in order to help raise funds for future scholarship recipients.
Deadline: January 30, 2020 by 5:00 PM
*Note – this scholarship can ONLY be applied for by electronically submission on this website. Please do not mail your application or hand deliver it to the Foundation/District office.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
13501 NE 28th Street
Vancouver, WA 98682
13215 C-8 SE Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98684